Helping talented filmmakers build audiences around the world since 2001 Learn More
2012 YoungCuts Film Festival Submission Form
Early-Bird deadline: January 31st, 2012
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 31st, 2012
June 15th, 2012 July 2nd, 2012
We recommend that you send us your film online to allow us to screen your film and let you know whether or not you need to send us physical copies. If you decide to send us a physical copy of your film right away, then please send your two DVD screeners and Data DVD with .AVI or .MOV file to:
YoungCuts Film Festival
1155 University, Suite 1015
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3B 3A7
Tel: (514) 285-4591
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To be eligible for inclusion, the applicant must be 29 years old or under as of December 31st, 2011.
- Filmmakers submit their films to YoungCuts as a data DVD with.AVI or .MOV file plus two screener DVDs, along with this online submission form and submission fee. Do not send your master tape or original.
- Early-bird deadline for submissions is January 31st, 2012.
- Regular deadline for submissions is March 31st, 2012.
- The use of original music or royalty-free music is strongly recommended but not mandatory for Festival submissions. Please ensure that you have all necessary releases on file, including actors’ releases.
- YoungCuts will only select films for the festival that are 30 minutes or less.
- Although not mandatory, we encourage you to submit a promotional CD with your bio and one or more high resolution production stills and promotional photos of key film participants. These files make it easier for YoungCuts to promote your films on the web, with media and in the Festival program.
- Submission fees are non-refundable.
- Please submit a separate submission form for each film.
- Once entered, films may not be withdrawn from participation at YoungCuts. Submission tape and DVDs will not be returned and applicant permits YoungCuts to retain tape, DVDs and promotional materials as part of its Festival library.
- Submissions accepted for exhibition may be screened one or multiple times at various YoungCuts venues (whether online, in-theatre or in other forms) prior to, during and after the Festival.
- Applicant hereby grants YoungCuts the rights to use all or part(s) of the film for promotional purposes; to use stills, biographical material, names and likeness from the film for promotional purposes and in Festival program and merchandise, to provide copies of the film for journalists to review, to show the film at press screenings and to exhibit the film during the Festival and at any time before and after the Festival.
- YoungCuts will use its best efforts to ensure the correct title and credits are listed in the Festival program, but shall not be held liable for inadvertent errors or omissions.
- Festival programmers and judges shall determine selections and award winners at their sole discretion.
- YoungCuts reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the Terms and Conditions.
- YoungCuts reserves the rights to adjust dates and times of film screenings without notice. YoungCuts shall not be responsible for delays or cancellations due to equipment failure, shipping delays, or the condition of the films delivered.
- You will receive an invitation to join our e-mailing list. We encourage you to join the list, which provides regular updates about the Festival and its events.
Questions? Please call (514) 285-4591 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.